Ann O’Malley is a practicing member of the Ashtanga Open Practice community. She is currently enrolled in the Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training Program, which is a 2-year training in awareness and compassion-based practices with Tara Brach and Jack Kornfield. At the completion of this program, she will receive certification from The Greater Good Science Center at the University of Berkeley, CA.
One of the requirements for her last semester is to teach an introductory course on mindfulness, and she has arranged to do it at AOP Shala.
Ann is offering a FREE 4-week course titled:
INTRODUCTION TO MINDFULNESS
DATES: (4) SATURDAYS –OCT 1, 8,15 and 22
TIME: 4-5:15 PM
PLACE: AOP SHALA
This course introduces ancient Buddhist foundational teachings, tools, and meditation training to help you incorporate more awareness, balance, and authentic joy into your life.
You’ll learn breathing methods and other techniques that help relax the body and mind and cultivate presence and well-being.
Through the training, you’ll learn to become aware of your thoughts, feelings, and body sensations and experience “things as they are” through a gentle, kind, and nurturing lens.
You’ll discover how it opens up the possibility of working more wisely with difficulties in life, transforming habits, and cultivating loving kindness and compassion for yourself and others.
* Introduction to Mindfulness is a 4-week mindfulness meditation-training course, presented once a week for 75 minutes (see above for dates/time/place).
* The goal of the course is to help participants cultivate mental clarity, loving-kindness, compassion, and overall well-being in their lives.
* The content is all very practical and simple. Each class contains teachings, tools, and meditation techniques that you can integrate immediately into your own life and make a positive difference.
* Meditation Practice is one of the cornerstones of the course and it follows each weekly teaching to help deepen your practice.
* Don’t worry if you’re new to meditation. These are 10-15 minute meditations that will introduce you to the experience and how it can help you bring calmness, peace, and greater love and compassion to your life, not to mention reducing stress and anxiety levels and promoting inner healing.
* Links to guided meditations will be supplied weekly to help you engage and to support you in your home practice throughout the week.
* A minimum of 6 students is required to teach the course and 12 would be the maximum. NOTE: It’s requested that each participant have the intention to attend all 4 sessions, as each session builds upon the previous foundational training so please register for all 4 weeks.
* A student evaluation form is kindly requested to be filled out by each participant after the course has been completed.
If you are interested in registering, please click on the link below. Registration is for all 4 weeks.